d,l-menthone glycerol ketal has weak mint smell, low irritation, and long-term cooling effect. It is a nature identical perfume without the weakness of menthol, such as strong menthol smell, great irritation to human mucous membrane, short duration of cooling effect etc. It is widely used in personal care products such as shower gel and toothpaste, as well as formulas that need cool taste.
Chemical name: 6-isopropyl-9-methyl-1,4-dioxospiro(4,5)-decane-2-methanol
Molecular formula: C13H24O3
The raw material of the product is levo-menthol, which is the main ingredient of natural peppermint oil;
● The product is safer, the synthesis process does not use toxic solvents and no solvent residue;
● the smell of the product is pure, because of the special distillation purification process, the heating temperature is lower, the heating time is shorter, so there is no peculiar smell caused by high heating;
● the product has a lasting cooling effect, can be perfectly combined with a variety of freshener to prepare a refreshing and pleasant cooling products.
● Baked goods: 50/80mg/kg;
● Preserved fruit: 500/800 mg/kg;
● Chewing gum: 500/800mg/kg;
● Soft drinks: 10/15mg/kg
Menthol glycerin ketene is a food spice allowed in national food safety standard GB2760-2014.
● Widely used in personal care products, such as shampoo, body wash, shaving products, etc
● Used in toothpaste, mouthwash and other oral care products to enhance the flavor of mint,
● Used for the deployment of tobacco flavor, reduce the smoke taste stimulation, soft smoke.
● Used in the formulation that needs the effect of cool taste, used as the cool taste stabilizer of mint essence, used in drinks, chocolate, gum candy, syrup, spicy air ● conditioning agent, in the pharmaceutical formulation can cover up the bitter taste.