DTBHQ is an effective polyphenolic antioxidant, which is non-toxic and pollution-free. It can be used as anti-aging agent, polymerization retarder and light stabilizer in various materials and products such as rubber, synthetic resin, plastics, coatings etc., and is one of the widely used industrial antioxidants.
Chemical name: 2, 5-Ditert-butyl hydroquinone
Molecular formula: C14H22O2
Molecular weight: 222.33
Properties: content ≥ 99%, white or off-white crystalline powder, slightly odorous, relative density 1.09, melting point 212-219℃, boiling point 313℃.
Solubility: at 25℃, ethanol 35.1g/100mL, acetone 39.0g/100mL, ethyl acetate 48.8g/100mL, benzene 1.5g/100mL, insoluble in water, insoluble in gasoline.
● Excellent antioxidant performance: low dosage with superior effect.
● High safety: non-toxic, odorless, clean to the products and green to the environment.
● Good stability: high melting point, heat resistance, compatibility, high extraction resistance, low volatility and illumination invariance.
● Wide application: an anti-aging agent, antioxidant, light stabilizer, anti-polymerization agent in a variety of rubber plastics, synthetic resin, paint coatings, etc.
● Anti-aging agent:It delays the aging of vulcanized rubber, improves heat resistance, oil resistance and flexure and crack resistance for rubber products without coloring or polluting.
● Antioxidant: It interrupts the chain reaction of oxidation, prolongs the induction period of oxidation and blocks the process of oil degradation in lubricating oil and biodiesel.
● Light stabilizer: It can strongly absorb ultraviolet rays of 280-310nm wavelength and has photothermal stability in paints, coatings, adhesives, etc.
● Polymer inhibitor: It has good solubility and chemical stability in the resin without changing the physical and chemical properties of the resin. It can also improve the storage stability of the resin with the weakest influence on the gelation time, playing an efficient role of inhibition in low atmospheric pressure.