Also known as fatty acid sucrose esters, sucrose esters, referred to as SE (SUGAR ESTERS). A non-ionic surfactant, a simple substance or mixture formed by the esterification reaction of sucrose and fatty acid. It can be subdivided into mono-fatty acid esters, di-fatty acid esters and tri-fatty acid esters.
White to yellow powder, odorless or slightly special smell.
● High monoester content, strong hydrophilicity
● Excellent emulsification performance, emulsifier, can also be used as preservative.
● Odorless, tasteless and non-toxic, it is a good food emulsifier.
Depending on the HLB value, there are the following applications:
● Used in meat products and surimi products to improve the moisture content and taste of the products, the dosage is 0.3% to 1% (HLB1 to 16).
● For baked food, it can increase the toughness of the dough, increase the volume of the product, make the pores fine and uniform, soft in texture, and prevent aging. The dosage is 0.2% to 0.5% of the flour.
● For biscuits and cakes, it can stabilize fat emulsification, prevent precipitation, and improve product quality. The dosage is 0.1% to 0.5% (HLB7).
● Used in chocolate, it can inhibit crystallization and prevent blooming. The dosage is 0.2%～1.0% (HLB value 3～9).
● Used in bubble gum to make it easy to knead, improve chewing feeling, improve flavor and softness, and add 0.1% to 0.2% of the gum base (HLB value 5 to 11).
● Used in ice cream to increase emulsification and dispersibility, increase specific volume, and improve thermal stability, formability and mouthfeel. Used for grease, 1.0%～10%.
● Used for condensed milk and whipped cream to stabilize the emulsion, prevent water separation and improve the swelling power of the cream. The dosage is 0.1%～0.5% (HLB1～16).
● For margarine, it can improve the compatibility of cream and water, and it is effective against splashing. The dosage is 0.1%～0.5% (HLB1～3).
● It is used for emulsifying flavors and solid flavors. It is most suitable for the stable emulsification of lemon oil, orange oil and grape oil to prevent the loss of flavors in products. The dosage is 0.05%～0.2% (HLB7～16).
● It is used to preserve the freshness of poultry, eggs, fruits and vegetables with antibacterial effect, keep fruits and vegetables fresh and prolong the storage period. The dosage is 0.3%～2.5% (HLB5～16).
In addition, it can also be used for soy milk, frozen foods, sauces, beverages, rice, noodles, instant noodles, dumplings, etc.